Mons, Belgium - November 18th 2020. Creaceed releases Carbo version 2.0, a major update to their digital notebook app for iPhone, iPad, and Mac. Carbo 2 brings Mac support through a new Mac Catalyst app running on macOS 11 Big Sur with Optimized for Mac technology to offer a true Mac experience. Carbo 2 now comes as a universal app for iPhone, iPad, and Mac, fulfilling the vision of bridging handwriting & the digital ecosystem.
Carbo lets you capture and organize handwritten notes and sketches either by shooting with the camera or by drawing on screen with Apple Pencil, revealing their outstanding pixel-free quality and their expressiveness. This makes a lot of sense on iPad and iPhone as these are great input & viewing mobile devices, but now these notes can also be accessed & edited from the Mac through a refined Mac Catalyst app, providing the full productive experience on all your Apple devices. Carbo 2 now also offers photo import from the new & more capable iOS 14 photo picker (filter, search, etc.).
Carbo 2 is thus an excellent companion to get your handwriting into the digital age, be it notes or sketches, and organize them. Take a picture of your document with your iPhone or iPad and now also view or edit it on the Mac.
New features in 2.0:
- New Mac Catalyst app (Optimized for Mac) running on macOS 11 Big Sur.
- Optimized for macOS 11 look & feel for a great Mac experience.
- Metal-based note rendering (Metal is Mac only, pixel-free on all devices).
- iOS 14 enhancements:
- photo import from the new & more capable iOS 14 photo picker (filter, search, etc.)
- improved handling of user privacy with support for photo albums security constraints of iOS 14
- Use of modern SF Symbols design language (Mac only).
Other features include:
- Hybrid visualization technology: note picture is cleaned up and turned into a highly accurate monochrome representation.
- Drawing support: highly accurate and natural sketching capabilities. Full support for Apple Pencil & 3D Touch pressure sensitivity.
- Notes can be stored either on device, or in the cloud using Evernote, Dropbox, and iCloud.
- Efficient file-based storage (typical note is 400KB).
- Up to 1200-dpi black-and-white high-fidelity exports for print.
Pricing and Availability:
Carbo 2 requires an iPhone or iPad running iOS 13.0 or later, or a Mac running macOS 11 Big Sur. The app can now be freely downloaded on the App Store. Premium Pack is a one-time in-app purchase and removes the 10-note limit. It can be purchased within the app for $13.99/14.99€.Carbo 2 is a free update for version 1.x users.
Creaceed is a Belgian company that has been making apps for over 10 years, focusing on image processing technologies in the fields of document scanning, note taking, photo and video processing. Other apps like Hydra, Carbo, and Prizmo have been awarded by the press & featured by Apple on multiple occasions. Copyright 2008-2020 Creaceed. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Macintosh, iOS, macOS, iPhone, iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.