Mons, Belgium - October 20th 2020. Creaceed releases Emulsio version 3.5, a major update to their video stabilization app for iPhone and iPad. Emulsio 3.5 adds a new video encoding pipeline that gives more advanced users full control on generated output video, a ‘Transcode’ extension as well as iOS 14 improvements.
Emulsio lets users stabilize videos using specific image analysis technology, providing full control over the process. Version 3.5 now offers a fully exposed video encoder that provides several important features: user-adjustable output file format, custom bitrate/quality setting, video and audio codec choices, and output resolution adjustment. The new Transcode extension now allows re-encoding existing videos at a desired quality/size level. Further enhancements include a better video import handling using the new & more capable iOS 14 photo/video picker to easily browse and search through the video library.
Emulsio 3.5 is thus an even greater companion app to video content creators (YouTube, Instagram, etc.), especially when using third-party camera footage (GoPro®, drones…), which are fully supported. Emulsio also enables the stabilization of 4K videos while preserving their quality. The video can also be edited within the app; parts of it can be deleted or trimmed before final export. The user can compensate for horizontal, vertical, rotational camera motion as well as rolling shutter distortion (wobble) which has been improved since version 3.0 with the possibility of adjusting the amplitude of correction depending on the sensor. Emulsio comes with a built-in preview to fine-tune results prior to final video export.
New features in 3.5:
- iOS 14 enhancements: video import from the new & more capable (filter, search, etc.) iOS 14 photo/video picker.
- Improved handling of user privacy with support for photo albums security constraints of iOS 14.
- Video encoder with the following features:
- user-adjustable output file format (mov, mp4, m4a)
- custom bitrate/quality setting (preset or raw value)
- video and audio codec choices (H.264, HEVC, AAC…)
- output resolution adjustment (full or reduced size)
- estimation of output file size
- A Transcode extension for transcoding existing videos that can be triggered from Photos, Files, or any other app.
Other features include:
- Non-destructive time editing
- Adjustable stabilization strength and motion intent (standard or cinematic)
- Stabilizer data reporting
- Black border handling
- Discontinuity handling in video stream
- iOS Photos extension to process videos directly in the Photos app.
- Import videos from Files app (3rd party camera footage)
- Live previewing & split-screen comparison of stabilized video vs. original one
- Frame by frame visualization of motion compensation and associated limits
- Optimized for 120 and 240 FPS videos
- Optimized for 64-bit devices
- Fast, GPU-optimized image processing to handle the video in a fraction of its duration
Pricing and Availability:
Emulsio 3.5 requires an iPhone or iPad running iOS 13.0 or later. It can be freely downloaded on the App Store, and is localized in 14 languages. The stabilization can be tried out as well as video editing features.
Pro Pack 2 offers support for 4K videos, improved correction of rolling shutter distortion including third-party sensor calibration, and removal of the watermark. It can be purchased within the app for $10.99/11,99€.
This update is free for existing users.
Creaceed is a Belgian company that has been making apps for over 10 years, focusing on image processing technologies in the fields of document scanning, note taking, photo and video processing. Other apps like Hydra, Carbo, and Prizmo have been awarded by the press & featured by Apple on multiple occasions. Copyright 2008-2020 Creaceed. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Macintosh, iOS, macOS, iPhone, iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.