Mons, Belgium - Creaceed is announcing the immediate availability of Hydra 3.1, its flagship high dynamic range (HDR) imaging app for photographers. This new version is an important update over the previous one, that brings user experience refinements, much accelerated previewing and rendering, as well as support for Apple's latest hardware (Retina MacBook Pro) and software (Mountain Lion, Aperture).
What is HDR? Camera sensors - how expensive they might be - are not sensitive enough compared to your eyes. Because of physical limitations, they cannot cope with the full gamut of light. High Dynamic Range (HDR) Photography is the best way to fix this technical issue. A series of regular photographs - some underexposed and some overexposed - has to be taken, and imported into Hydra (up to 3 in the Express version, up to 7 in the Pro version). Hydra mixes them in such a way that it will provide human eye-like perception to the output, the HDR image.
Hydra 3.1 New Features:
- Support for MacBook Pro with a Retina display. The whole interface and image previewing has been tuned to offer a great viewing and editing experience
- Better integration of Mountain Lion sharing services: Facebook, Twitter, and Flickr are now supporting native Mountain Lion sharing services
- Improved previewing: previewing of HDR image now remains at full resolution (no low resolution toggle) when editing settings in Develop mode. Previewing is also much faster than previous version
- Faster processing of HDR image: transition from Prepare to Develop mode is now up to 4x faster, thanks to improved Grand Central Dispatch-based multicore method
- Better version checks when operating as an Aperture / Lightroom plug-in: Hydra will now report if the plug-in is too old, or if Hydra itself must be updated. Hydra Aperture plug-in now correctly handles Aperture sandboxing mechanism
- Refined design for empty document window & tool interface
- Document reopening improvement: a previously developed HDR document now reopens in Develop mode. Feedback is provided during the reopen process
- Fixed other bugs and other crashing issues
English, French, German and Italian
- OS X 10.7.5 Lion or later, enhanced for OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion
- Any Intel Mac with 64-bit Intel processor
- At least 256MB of VRAM (GPU) required. 512MB of VRAM (GPU) highly recommended
Pricing and Availability:
- Hydra 3.1 is a free upgrade for 3.0 ownersHydra is available in 2 versions:
- Hydra Express 3 retails for $49.99 USD/44.99Euro
- Hydra Pro 3 retails for $99.99/89.99EuroIt can be purchased on Creaceed's website and on the Mac App Store in the Photography category.
Creaceed is a Belgian company that has been making apps for over 10 years, focusing on image processing technologies in the fields of document scanning, note taking, photo and video processing. Other apps like Hydra, Carbo, and Prizmo have been awarded by the press & featured by Apple on multiple occasions. Copyright 2008-2020 Creaceed. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Macintosh, iOS, macOS, iPhone, iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.