Mons, Belgium - Creaceed today is happy to release the latest version of Prizmo, the scanning and OCR application for Mac OS X. Prizmo's User Interface is now available in 10 languages: English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Danish, Swedish and Norwegian. Localizations will help Mac owners from all over the world better understand, and use Prizmo's features.
In the last few months, Creaceed has been responding to customer feedback in a regular series of updates. Version 1.1 added a state-of-the-art OCR technology, version 1.2 added scanner support under Snow Leopard, and version 1.5 added page curvature correction and camera tethering. This version addresses another feature request from the user community: localization.
We strongly believe that people can achieve better results using an application in their mother tongue, and this much faster than with another - unlocalized - app. That's why we localized Prizmo's UI in the 10 languages supported by the OCR Engine: English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Danish, Swedish and Norwegian. This will make of Prizmo a unique utility that's easy to understand, and therefore easy to use.
Prizmo's Main Features:
1. Input Options
- Direct browsing of camera content, and of iPhoto, Aperture and Lightroom libraries
- Scanner support under Snow Leopard
- Camera Tethering
- Support for regular photo files and PDF documents
- Lens distortion correction
- Perspective correction
- Page curvature correction
- Adjustable grid for easily selecting the text to be recognized
- Guessing of optimal DPI for current image/grid configuration
- Brightness, contrast, sharpness and saturation tuning
- Real time preview of extracted image or OCR results
3. OCR Processing
- Highly accurate and state-of-the-art OCR technology available in 10 languages (English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Dutch, Danish, Swedish and Norwegian)
- Several file types for saving the OCR results (PDF, RTF, TXT)
- Mac OS X 10.5.8 Leopard or later
- Any Intel Mac or a PowerMac G5 with at least 64MB of VRAM (GPU) required
- Mac with Intel processor and at least 128 MB VRAM highly recommended
- A digital camera (Prizmo supports all digital cameras: compact cameras, DSLRs, iPhone cameras,...) or a scanner supported by Snow Leopard
Pricing and Availability:
Prizmo 1.x is available for $49.95 (USD) on Creaceed's website. A time-unlimited trial version is available. The demo version generates watermarked JPG, PNG and TIFF files. OCR results can be previewed within the application. Prizmo is now also available as an iPhone app on Apple's App Store.
Creaceed is a Belgian company that has been making apps for over 10 years, focusing on image processing technologies in the fields of document scanning, note taking, photo and video processing. Other apps like Hydra, Carbo, and Prizmo have been awarded by the press & featured by Apple on multiple occasions. Copyright 2008-2020 Creaceed. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Macintosh, iOS, macOS, iPhone, iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.