Mons, Belgium - Creaceed today is proud to announce that Prizmo 1.5, the latest version of the scanning and OCR application for Mac OS X, is now available for download. After adding a state-of-the-art OCR technology in version 1.1, and scanner support under Snow Leopard in version 1.2, Prizmo 1.5 addresses 2 major feature requests from the user community: Page Curvature Correction and Camera Tethering.
The main improvement of Prizmo 1.5 is the ability to flatten page curvature. Prizmo is now the only OCR application offering this feature. From now on, performing optical character recognition on books, dictionaries and magazines will give better results. Another major enhancement is Camera Tethering. Prizmo 1.5 supports it in 2 ways: Full Tethering (i.e. Prizmo commands a connected camera like a Canon or Nikon DSLR) and Half Tethering (i.e. Prizmo automatically imports the picture you've just taken with your iPhone camera).
What's new in version 1.5?
- Page curvature correction
- Support for PDF documents (also multipage)
- Improved interaction with network scanners
- Improved OCR result previewing
- New camera content browser on Snow Leopard
- Camera Tethering
Prizmo's Main Features:
- Accurate and state-of-the-art OCR technology available in 10 languages (English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Dutch, Danish, Swedish and Norwegian)
- Adjustable grid for easily selecting the text to be recognized
- Several file types for saving the OCR results (PDF, RTF, TXT)
- Direct browsing of camera content, and of iPhoto, Aperture and Lightroom libraries
- Scanner support under Snow Leopard
- Lens distortion correction
- Perspective correction
- Real time preview of extracted image or OCR results
- Guessing of optimal DPI for current image/grid configuration
- Brightness, contrast, sharpness and saturation tuning
- Collaborative sharing of camera calibration data
- Clean and user-friendly interface
- Mac OS X 10.5.8 Leopard or later
- Any Intel Mac or a PowerMac G5 with at least 64MB of VRAM (GPU) required
- Mac with Intel processor and at least 128 MB VRAM highly recommended
- A digital camera (Prizmo supports all digital cameras: compact cameras, DSLRs, iPhone cameras,...) or a scanner supported by Snow Leopard
Pricing and Availability:
Prizmo 1.5 is a free update for all registered users. Prizmo 1.x costs $39.95 (USD), and is available in English, French and German on Creaceed's website. A time-unlimited trial version is available. The demo version generates watermarked JPG, PNG and TIFF files. OCR results can be previewed within the application.
Creaceed is a Belgian company that has been making apps for over 10 years, focusing on image processing technologies in the fields of document scanning, note taking, photo and video processing. Other apps like Hydra, Carbo, and Prizmo have been awarded by the press & featured by Apple on multiple occasions. Copyright 2008-2020 Creaceed. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Macintosh, iOS, macOS, iPhone, iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.