Mons, Belgium - Creaceed today announces that Prizmo 1.2, the latest version of its scanning and OCR application for Mac OS X, is now available to the public for download. After adding a state-of-the-art OCR technology in version 1.1, Prizmo 1.2 addresses a major feature request from the user community: scanner support under Snow Leopard.
One of Snow Leopard's new features is the integration with most current scanners. That means that Mac users don't need to install custom software anymore to use their scanner. What's the benefit for Mac users? From now on, they can combine their scanner with Prizmo's image processing features and its OCR engine supporting 10 languages.
This release is the second significant upgrade since Prizmo's official launch in April, making Prizmo an even better choice for Mac users searching for a reliable OCR application. Prizmo has garnered excellent reviews from the Mac press all over the world.
Prizmo's main features:
- Accurate and state-of-the-art OCR technology available in 10 languages (English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Dutch, Danish, Swedish and Norwegian)
- Adjustable grid for easily selecting the text to be recognized
- Several file types for saving the OCR results (PDF, RTF, TXT)
- Direct browsing of camera content, and of iPhoto, Aperture and Lightroom libraries
- Lens distortion correction
- Perspective correction
- Real time preview of extracted image or OCR results
- Guessing of optimal DPI for current image/grid configuration
- Brightness, contrast, sharpness and saturation tuning
- Collaborative sharing of camera calibration data
- Clean and user-friendly interface.
- Mac OS X 10.5.8 Leopard or later
- Any Intel Mac or a PowerMac G5 with at least 64MB of VRAM (GPU) required. Mac with Intel processor and at least 128 MB VRAM highly recommended.
- A digital camera (Prizmo supports all digital cameras: compact cameras, DSLRS, iPhone cameras,...) or a scanner supported by Snow Leopard.
Pricing and Availability:
Prizmo 1.2 is a free update for all registered users, and is recommended for all Snow Leopard users. Prizmo 1.x costs $39.95 (USD), and is available in English, French and German on Creaceed's website. A time-unlimited trial version is available. The demo version generates watermarked JPG, PNG and TIFF files. OCR results can be previewed within the application.
Creaceed is a Belgian company that has been making apps for over 10 years, focusing on image processing technologies in the fields of document scanning, note taking, photo and video processing. Other apps like Hydra, Carbo, and Prizmo have been awarded by the press & featured by Apple on multiple occasions. Copyright 2008-2020 Creaceed. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Macintosh, iOS, macOS, iPhone, iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.