Mons, Belgium - Creaceed has announced the final version of its unique plug-in for bringing HDR Imaging into Aperture. This is the major improvement included in the release of Hydra 1.6, their application for easily creating HDR images on Mac OS X Leopard.
What is new in Hydra 1.6?
Version 1.6 is an installable package with major enhancements and bug fixes:
Hydra's Aperture Plug-In:
- Final version available
- Configurable output file format (JPG, TIFF or OpenEXR)
- Configurable pixel depth (8 or 32-bit per component)
- Interactive image alignment, either automatic or manual
- Users can choose their own default representation (2D or 3D perspective)
- Access/saving of HDR presets (the same in the plug-in as in Hydra)
- Input and output files stacked together in Aperture
Stand-Alone and Aperture Plug-In:
- Processing Canon EOS 1D and DNG image inputs fully enabled
- Fixed colorspace problem in output images
- Resizable plugin window
- French localization (software interface and user guide)
What is Hydra?
With its user friendly interface, Hydra has been developed to suit home users as well as professional photographers.
Hydra gives human eye perception to photographs by creating high dynamic range (HDR) images from a series of regular photographs, either with DSLRs or traditional point-and-shoot cameras. Unlike most HDR softwares, Hydra does not require images taken with a tripod.
- Any PowerMac G5 or Intel Mac
- Mac OS X Leopard version 10.5.4 or later
- At least 64 MB of video memory
- Highly Recommended: Mac with Intel processor and ATI or nVidia Graphics Card
Pricing and Availability:
Hydra 1.6 can be purchased at $59.95 USD from the Creaceed website (a trial version is also available). It is free for existing Hydra 1.x license owners. A discount will be given to students and teachers who contact Creaceed directly.
Creaceed is a Belgian company that has been making apps for over 10 years, focusing on image processing technologies in the fields of document scanning, note taking, photo and video processing. Other apps like Hydra, Carbo, and Prizmo have been awarded by the press & featured by Apple on multiple occasions. Copyright 2008-2020 Creaceed. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Macintosh, iOS, macOS, iPhone, iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.