Hydra 1.4.2 - January 31st 2018
- Fixed an issue causing a lack of audio in recorded videos.
Hydra 1.4.1 - November 3rd 2017
- Specific black image bug fix.
Hydra 1.4 - October 27th 2017
- Updated to support iPhone X.
- Improved Volume button shutter handling.
Hydra 1.3.6 - August 10th 2017
- Fixed an issue preventing the Watch app from loading.
- Other minor enhancements / modernization of the application interface.
Hydra 1.3.5 - July 13th 2017
- Compatibility with future version of iOS:
- Fixed image capture hang.
- Fixed image gallery problems (hangs, lack of image).
- Other improvements:
- Improvements with handling pictures in iCloud Photo Library (download of pictures that are not currently available on device).
- Better and simpler photo file naming scheme, when accessing files directly.
- iOS 9 is now required.
Hydra 1.3.4 - March 7th 2017
- Fixed an issue with camera focus indicator that could behave erratically under specific conditions.
Hydra 1.3.3 - January 10th 2017
- Fixed an issue with iPhone 7 / iPhone 7 Plus that could produce black image under extreme lighting conditions (HDR mode).
Hydra 1.3.2 - October 3rd 2016
- Removed Haptic Feedback when taking picture.
Hydra 1.3.1 - September 16th 2016
- Fixed crash on launch on iOS 8.
- Updated French localization.
Hydra 1.3 - September 13th 2016
- Added 3D Touch Peek & Pop to preview or execute actions on last taken picture.
- Haptic feedback for iPhone 7: shooting progress and completion, mode selection.
- Maximized color fidelity by reducing strength of system-applied True Tone shift.
- Improvement of iPad experience.
- Optimized for iOS 10.
Hydra 1.2.2 - March 30th 2016
- Optimized application icon for the iPad Pro.
- Fixed a problem that could occur while zooming in the image gallery.
- Minor bug fixes.
Hydra 1.2.1 - October 27th 2015
- Added URL scheme to launch Hydra in a specific mode (i.e. hydra://capturemode/hdr, or lolight, hires, zoom, hdrvideo).
- Fixed a rare launch-time crash when invoking 3D Touch shortcuts.
Hydra 1.2 - October 9th 2015
- iPhone 6s / 6s+:
- Support for iPhone 6s / 6s+ camera sensor size, with new output resolutions (Hi-Res: 18MP - 24MP - 32MP)
- iOS 9 Support:
- Support for iOS 9 Quick Actions on iPhone 6s / 6s+ to select capture mode from home screen when starting Hydra.
- Better support for iOS 9 San Francisco font throughout the app.
- Fixed a problem related to iPad split screen.
Hydra 1.1.2 - July 11th 2015
- Fixed permission requests on first launch. We've improved the permission requests workflow based on the feedback of a few users that needed to go to the settings pane under some circumstances. This should not be necessary anymore.
- Minor UI enhancements.
- Fixed iOS 9-related crashes.
Hydra 1.1.1 - May 8th 2015
- Bug Fixes and Enhancements:
- Updated Norwegian localization
- Better background state handling, in particular when communicating with Apple Watch. Fixes possible background crashes.
Hydra 1.1 - April 20th 2015
- Support for Apple Watch:
- Hydra can be remotely controlled by Apple Watch: capture mode can be changed, and photo/video capture initiated from Apple Watch.
- Live-stream preview of iPhone camera is displayed on Apple Watch.
- 3-second delayed capture mode.
- Handoff support: Starting Hydra on Apple Watch displays Hydra icon on iPhone lock screen for easier launch.
- Remote Capture:
- Support for bluetooth capture (shutter trigger) device like Muku
- Volume button shutter trigger.
- Image gallery support for older devices with less than 512 MB (iPhone 4S, etc.). Images are displayed at a possibly smaller size to fit device memory.
- Added Original & Digitized Time(s) EXIF metadata to saved photos.
- Minor bug fixes and enhancements.
Hydra 1.0.2 - March 10th 2015
- Hydra has been localized to 5 new languages: Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Korean, Turkish, Arabic, and Japanese (note for Japanese, help contents coming soon)
- Bug Fixes and Enhancements:
- Fixed gallery glitches
- Better handling of remote data that must be downloaded in the gallery (iCloud photo library)
- Fixed crashes linked to background state
- Fixed other rare crashes
- Fixed a problem where original image wouldn't be saved even if option was enabled.
Hydra 1.0.1 - February 6th 2015
- Video recording improvements:
- Hydra will now autofocus before the video recording starts, but it becomes a manual process during the recording. This avoid focus shakes during capture. (thanks Allen B. for feedback)
- Photo improvements:
- 12MP HDR on iPhone and 8MP on iPad are sharper (bug fix).
- Permission update:
- As per user request, and even though Hydra only uses microphone to record sound for videos, Hydra will now work without microphone access (if you refuse access in first launch). In that case, recorded video will be silent. You can enable microphone at any time from global Privacy settings.
- Location and Microphone access (optional) are now better explained when authorisation is requested.
- Bug fixes and enhancement:
- GPS coordinate fix for West and South hemispheres.
- Silence switch is now observed for all photo modes. Video mode still emits start/stop sound because of a limitation of iOS. (we could remove it altogether, let us now what you prefer).
- Fixed a crash affecting photo gallery / metadata viewer.
- Fixed a crash that affect HDR photo saving.
- Fixed crashes that could occur while recording videos.
- Lowered memory requirement and possible crash when exporting 32MP photos and videos (mail, etc.)
- Fixed a crash in Help viewer.
- Fixed minor interface glitches.
- Gallery access is now on the left for more coherence with Apple's Camera app.
Hydra 1.0 - January 29th 2015
- 5 specific capture modes:
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) mode merges together up to 20 input frames
- Video-HDR uses single-image tonemapping and device-specific sensor mode (iPhone 6 and 6 Plus)
- Lo-light mode removes sensor noise by merging together multiple images and amplifying light by a factor of 10
- Zoom mode produces 2x and 4x scale factors with more details than the standard digital zooming technique
- Hi-res mode produces up to 32MP images from the regular 8MP camera sensor.
- Photo gallery for reviewing images and their metadata
- Ability to save unprocessed photos for comparison purposes
- French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Norwegian and Russian localizations.
© 2008–2017 Creaceed SPRL. Apple, Mac, Macbook, iOS, OS X, the Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.